Friday, March 9, 2012

Focus!

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

 Over this last couple of months, I've been led to more verses that talk about where my mind & heart are focused. The Lord has been telling me that I need to have my heart and mind set on Him. Not just when I am struggling and I need His guidance and encouragement. Not just when I am lonely and need to know He is there for me. Not just when I am hurting and need His comfort. Not just when I have failed and need His forgiveness. Not just when I feel unworthy and need to be reminded of who I am in Him. ALL DAY - EVERYDAY.

 So, I have been writing down Scripture verses and trying to memorize them. (remember as a kid when memorizing was easy?!?). And it's amazing how Scripture pops into my head when I have decisions, issues, obstacles, etc! The more focused on God and His Word I become, the less important the other "noise" in my life matters.

 And for those that read this blog, I challenge you...!!! Start writing & memorizing Scripture with me! Start focusing on God's Word with me! Start hiding God's Word in your heart with me! I dare you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment