Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My struggle this morning

A friend told me not too long ago that I was going through a "grieving process".  I was talking with her about how one day I'm fine, handling this new 'adventure' with excitement and confidence that God is leading us (even if we don't know where!).  But then the next day (or next hour) my heart is hurting and I am crying out to God asking Him why He's allowed things to happen the way they've happened. 
My friend said it's all part of the "grieving process". 
As I thought about it, I realized she was right.  When you love people, you care about them and they become an intregal part of your life, there's a real sense of loss when they are no longer there in your life.  Whether by choice or not, people come and go from your life and if you've become vulnerable enough to allow them to get close to you, it hurts when they are not there anymore. 
I know I am not alone in feeling this way from time to time.  I know there are folks that have felt this way or gone through these emotions.
I can only hope that there is growth that comes from this.  I don't believe God would allow us to walk through these things without it being for His glory and to bring us closer to Him. 

2 comments:

  1. Sheila, I can't claim to 'know what you are going through' as I don't really know. BUT the grieving you are describing brings me back to 2009 when we lost Andy for a few months. There were days I couldn't breath. A lot of times when I asked God what in the world was going on, what we did wrong... To this day, I still don't have those answers, but Andy is now back with us.God did a lot in mine and Fred's lives the last 4 yrs. And now Andy is here and we have found our way back to each other. So I guess all I can say, is hang on, friend. God IS working things out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! Boy, do I miss you! :)
      God is Faithful and He is working things for our good. It's a challenge for me to let go of the control! It's all going to work our for His glory and for our future!

      Delete