Thursday, August 15, 2013

Have you ever...?

Have you ever read a scripture verse that you've read dozens of times and for some reason it just makes you question things?
I was reading a passage from Proverbs 3, I am sure everyone has heard it before:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make straight your paths.
I read this and I stopped and thought "How do I trust with ALL my heart?"  "How do I know that my WHOLE heart is trusting?"  I mean, I think I am.  I say I am.  I do my best to live like I am.  But, there are days when I am really not sure that I AM trusting with all my heart.   I continually hear God talking to me and I am so sure that He gets frustrated with me!  It's like the parent that continually tells their child something and then watches their child do the opposite...that's what I feel like when it comes to trusting.  So, how do I know for sure that I am trusting God?  
Each time I find myself questioning Him, His voice speaks in some way, whether a verse of scripture, a text from a sweet friend, a post on facebook, or a song on the radio.  I hear His voice prompting me to trust Him.  I don't always understand or know what the outcome will be.  I don't have to. Why?  Because I trust God!


In God I trust; I shall not be afraid. what can man do to me?  
~ Psalm 56:11 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment