Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting for_____________!

Waiting is NOT something I am good at.  I am a go-getter.  I am a doer.  I am a mover and shaker...LOL!!  I just don't like sitting still and waiting.  As a kid, I had several teachers who used "progressive" means of encouraging me to stay in my seat and sit still.  I was HORRIBLE at waiting.  As I got older, this waiting thing did NOT get any better!  In fact, it would be safe to say it got worse - if that's possible!  Now, I know that God made me as a go-getter kinda person.  This can be used in very good ways.  But, when you are waiting on God to shine a light on the next step of your life's journey...let's just say the go-getter aspect can be a big fat pain in the you-know-what!  
So, I start praying and asking God to show something.  Reveal something.  Open something.  


WHY MUST I HAVE AN IMPATIENT SPIRIT?!?!?!?


So many verses in scripture tell me to wait, be patient.  Huh!  Like it's that easy!  Seriously, if the authors of scripture knew me, they would go into more detail of HOW!!  LOL!
So, I am waiting...waiting...waiting.  God WILL move when His time is right.  I will wait!  


"The vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry."  ~ Habakkuk 2:3 ~

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!
~ Psalm 27:14 ~

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.  ~ Psalm 130:5 ~


But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~


Be still, and know that I am God...  ~ Psalm 46:10a ~  (I hear my Mom saying this verse to me!)



No comments:

Post a Comment