Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Can a broken heart be fixed?

Everybody has had their heart broken in some way.  People let us down.  They disappoint us.  They walk away.  They say things that hurt us.  They stop coming around.  We are human and our hearts-our emotions-they can be trampled and crushed by others.  It is, unfortunately, a part of this life we live.  No one is immune or can escape it.  We do our very best to protect ourselves against this because once the heart is broken, it seems that, even put back together, it's not completely whole anymore.
HOWEVER...!
The Bible says in Psalm 34:18, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit”... so, HOW does He do that?!?   I believe He can save us by giving us a "heart transplant"! 
So, I believe what God is trying to get through my head is this:
  • when your heart is guilty, I will give you a heart that has been forgiven
  • when your heart is resentful, I will give you a heart filled with peace
  • when your heart is anxious, I will give you a heart that is confident
  • when your heart is lonely, I will give you a heart filled with My Love
  • when your heart is bitter and angry, I will give you a heart that is forgiving, loving and generous.

Psalm 119:32 says, “I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.”

I have no idea what God has planned for my life, but I really need to stop limiting God!!  He can take care of my heart.  He can transplant it and give me a new heart - NOT a replacement, but a BRAND NEW heart!  

YAY for me and HALLELUJAH for a God that can do all that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment