Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dress for Battle

Over the course of the last month or so, it seems that so many of my friends and loved ones are going through some sort of battle in their lives.

I have friends who are struggling financially.  They work hard and do the best they can, but living paycheck to paycheck is their battle.

I have friends who are struggling in their marriage.  They know the Bible and what God says about the covenant of marriage, but betrayal, lies, neglect, harsh words, and life has beaten up their marriage to the point where they just want to give up.

I have friends who are struggling with raising their children.  They love their kids more than anything and want God's very best for them, but they are anxious that they don't do enough and that they fail miserably at being a good parent.  They feel like they are doing this battle alone.

I have friends who are struggling with loneliness.  They know that God loves them and is there for them, but sometimes they just feel like no one knows how alone they are and how much they wish someone would give them a friendly call or text just to let them know that they are important to someone.

My heart hurts for my friends...
I've been praying asking God to help each of them...to show me what I can do to help them...what I can say to encourage them...HIS REPLY was through a book I purchased months ago but have yet to read until today!  From the book, His Princess Warrior" by Sheri Rose Shepherd:

"Dress for Battle"

My Princess,
It is time to get dressed for battle, My beloved.  You are more than just a Princess; you are My Princess Warrior!
I am going with you onto the battlefield, and in those times you feel as if there is no fight left inside of you, My Spirit will rise up inside your soul and My strength will become your strength.
My mighty armor will guard your heart from the fiery arrows of the enemy.  In the power of My Holy Spirit, you will find the passion and power to step out in faith and face any spiritual giant that comes against you.
Your battles won for My kingdom will become a blessing to all generations!

Love,
Your King Who fights for you
Ephesians 6:13-17




No comments:

Post a Comment