Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Even in the Darkness


"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, i
t is well, with my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul."
Horatio G. Spafford




"In the black of night, the Lord tirelessly worked on behalf of His children to deliver them, just as He had promised." Wendy Blight


I have always known that God "is there" for me even when I don't recognize it...
Right now, I am more aware of that than ever before.


He promises that ALL things will work together for His glory.
He promises that He has a plan for us that will give us hope and a future.
He promises that He will provide all our needs.
He promises that He will keep us in perfect peace when our minds are fixed on Him.
He promises that we will find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart.


In the dark, we have two choices. We can take matters into our own hands...or we can look to God. We can open His Word, knowing He guarantees healing and wholeness.


When I am in the darkness; when my circumstances are threatening to consume me; when I feel utterly defeated… I will seek the Lord.



1 comment:

  1. Always a better choice to listen for God's direction than to take it into our own hands... we usually make more of a mess... Been there and it ain't pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete