Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I got nothin'...

HAHAHA!!!
I am sitting in front of the computer thinking about all the stuff that's been going on over the last couple weeks and I am drawing a blank on what to blog about...LOL!!  It's funny because there HAS been things happening, but it's just "life" so I don't think too much about it as "blog-worthy".

However,  THAT made me think about something I learned this year at the CATALYST Conference in Georgia...

There was a speaker there named Priscilla Shirer.  She told this story about herself growing up.  She was asleep in her bedroom (that she shared with her sister) when a fire broke out at the house behind theirs.  She said her sister literally climbed over her in the bed to look out the window that was over HER bed and that her mom came into the room and hovered over her to look out that same window...all the while, she slept through it.  She slept through the fire engines and the ambulance noises.  SHE SLEPT THROUGH IT!!!  Her point to the story (or what I took from it!) was that important things happen and we often times "sleep" through them.
Sometimes, we are so busy looking back to the past thinking, wondering, wishing...
Sometimes, we are so busy looking to the future thinking, wondering, hoping...
We are so busy with the past and the future that we are "sleeping" through the present!  We miss the little things that are happening in our day to day lives that make it beautiful, precious, liveable!

So, I want to look to the future and remember the past, but I really want to focus on today and what God is doing in my life daily!  There is so much in my everyday life...I don't want to sleep through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment