Monday, October 24, 2011

When God speaks

God has been speaking to me...

I struggle with several things that I have begun to realize I will ALWAYS struggle with!  That, in and of itself, is a WIN!  I don't like it, but hey, who said everything was going to be roses in life!

However, a couple of things happened this past week really took me by surprise, touched my heart, and made me hear God speaking to me!
In our small group last Thursday, we went around the room and each person had to choose someone and tell them what we appreciated about them.  A friend chose me and then she began to explain why...She appreciated that I was so open and upfront with my struggles, my flaws, and my mistakes.  WHAT?!?!?

First off, I thought my flaws were pretty obvious!  I'm so 'in your face' most of the time so I always assumed that EVERYONE just knew what my flaws were!
Secondly, I only share with my small group because I feel safe there.  I know that they will not judge me or think less of me because of my mistakes.
Lastly, I didn't even realize that this person struggles with some of the same things that I struggle with.  She is a private person and it's just not her nature to expose shortcomings to others.  So by my sharing, I inadvertantly ministered to her on a quiet level (LOL...me, quiet?!? Only by God's grace!)

Then, a couple days ago, I got a facebook message from an old youth.  She said that she missed me and everything I stood for.  She said she liked that I wasnt afraid to let my personality show...
This youth has alot of the same struggles and "flaws" that I have, so she admired that I was able to be the real me.  WOW!


So, God has been speaking to me in BOLD ways about the fact that He created me in a wonderful and beautiful way!  I just can't figure out why it has taken me this long to allow God to talk to me so freely!

Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment