Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Choose wisely

I have this friend.  She is a spit fire!  She has been called the little energizer bunny because she keeps going when everything and everyone else has run out of steam!  She's wide open and says what she thinks.  She talks a mile a minute and as she puts it "has the attention span of a moth"!
Let me tell you about her though...she has the most incredible heart.  The tenderness and kindness she feels when others are in pain - it's a supernatural gift from God.  She jokes that there are people from her past that would argue whether she even has a heart, but I believe that she mistakes hurt for lack of heart.  On several occasions, she has gone out of her way to show me just how special and cherished I am to Jesus! 

I have another friend.  She is as fiery and spirited as her reddish hair!  She's opinionated, bossy, a control freak about most things.  But, she has this HUGE capacity to just listen and encourage others around her!  She has this amazing ability to see past the surface hurt and what people "say" and hear what they actually "mean"!  Her heart truly desires to give comfort and encouragement to those she comes in contact with.  She struggles with hurts of her own, but she never allows those to overshadow the people she is loving on. 

I have yet another friend. (I know, I'm blessed!)  She is strong willed.  She doesn't want to rely on anyone.  She was raised to "suck it up" and deal with the things that life throws at you.  She doesn't hand out sympathy easily.  But, she does have a great deal of compassion.  She gives that out in wheelbarrow loads!  She is the one that people just feel at ease talking to - because they know she will listen and give them the ear they need, but she will, in no uncertain terms, give them a swift kick in the behind to get them moving back in the right direction!  Those around her ALWAYS know where she stands and she is unwavering in what she believes!

I was blessed with this friend!  She has always been a little bit "mousy".  Growing up, she was so quiet - some might even say shy.  She didn't give her thoughts or opinions easily.  She kept a close couple of friends, but didn't let just anyone get too close to her.  Well, this friend has been a ROCK!  She has been through so many heartbreaks in her life, but through it all, she has maintained that sweet kind attitude.  Now, she will tell you that she's become more outspoken.  But, she always has wise counsel for me.  Even though we are hundreds of miles apart, she is still one of the first people I want to share my joys and my sorrows with.  The impact she made on my life will stay with me til the day I die.
There are other friends that have been an influence in my life!  I have been very blessed!

Proverbs 18:24
Proverbs 17:17
Proverbs 19:4
Proverbs 27:6
Proverbs 27:17

CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS WISELY!  Surround yourself with those that God can use to keep you moving on the right path!

No comments:

Post a Comment