Saturday, September 17, 2011

The "Do Do" verse (aka Dr. Suess verse!)

Romans 7:15-20


15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do–this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 

Sometimes, I just hate myself!  
This verse is soooo ME!  I find myself not understanding why I do the things I do!  I do the same sinful things over and over and over.  I know in my heart they are wrong, I feel so horrible inside when I've done the sin.  I cry out to God to forgive me and help me to love Him more and take away this love of sin.  But, I turn around and do something else that I know is sinful.  WHY?!?!?!?  
I don't know why!  But, I love how Paul writes about the frustration with sin and the law and the grace that comes from Jesus!  Sometimes, I willingly do things I know are not right...it's hard to admit that, but it's the truth.  Sometimes, I do things not really thinking about it and there's a conviction afterwards.  Either way, Thank God for His grace and mercy that convicts and prompts me when I am wrong.  
Romans 5:20b
20 ...But where sin increased, grace increased all the more!
I am claiming Romans 6:14 and will continue to ask God to show me when my heart is not right.  When I have the victory, I will praise Him, and when I fall short, I will claim His grace.
Romans 6:14
14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment