Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I know, I know...another post!

So, I am doing this accountability study with 3 fabulous ladies from Discovery Church, and we are reading a book that has me crying and seeing things in my life that I need to work on...and I'm only on page 34!

This book, Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl, has made me stop and think about some things in my life lately.
I battle this temptation called "If Only...".
If only I had a skinnier body
If only I had more money
If only I had a better personality
If only I had a baby

Matthew 6:19-21 says "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

People and possessions are meant to be appreciated and shared to encourage and bless us & others.  However, if I am setting my heart's desire on obtaining more things, comparing my body & self to others rather than Jesus, obsessing over that child I don't have, I become more and more vulnerable to the possibility of loss.  Not loss of the things/people, but loss of myself to selfishness and ungodly living.  I can't follow after Christ and the world around me too.

There are times when I question my"adequateness" of being a pastor's wife, a leader for kids and teenagers, a friend to ladies that I seriously don't deserve in my life!  Psalm 119:105 says that God's word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  This "path" that I am on was chosen for me from the God of all creation!  It's only when I learn to follow Him and trust Him for each step in that path that I can be assured I'm right where I am meant to be and doing exactly what He's called me to do.

I am seriously going to love this study and the wonderful ladies that are taking this journey with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment